Dr. Kaushik Gajjar
M.B.B.S. : 1976 – 1980 ( 4-1/2 Years MBBS) 1981 (1 Year Internship)
Completed M.B.B.S. at B.J.Medical College, Ahmedabad as a sincere, regular student in stipulated time of 4.5 years, passing all exams with first class.
Completed internship at scheduled rural postings achieving good experience of practical medical and surgical work.
M.S.(Surgery): 1981 – 1984 (3 Years Housemanship) 1985 (1 Year Senior Registrarship)
- January 1982 to December 1982: worked as houseman in surgical unit–2. Performed various ward procedures and minor operations and assisted major operations as well as administrative work as a Senior Resident Doctor.
- January 1983 to March 1983: worked in M.P.Shah Cancer Hospital under senior, renowned cancer surgeons. Obtained first hand experience in dealing with various types of cancers. Performed cancer surgery independently during this period.
- April 1983 to June 1983: worked in Urosurgical Department achieving excellent experience in various urosurgical operations of Stone and Prostate .
- July 1983 to September 1983: worked in Gastroenterosurgical Department to work on various diseases of the Intestine,Colon,Abdomen,Liver and Gall Bladder.
- October 1983 to December 1983: worked in Paediatric Surgery Department. Developed expertise in operations of Paediatric patients specializing in Undescended Testis and Hernia.
- January 1984 to December 1984: worked as registrar in surgical unit. Got experience in doing major surgery related to Burns and Head Injury. Taught various operations to junior housemen.
- January 1985 to August 1986: in my capacity as senior registrar, managed entire surgical unit under me, including important decisions and performing major operations independently.
- August 1986 to August 1987: managed whole hospital and performed numerous major surgeries in District set up under difficult situations such absence of sufficient staff, medicines and infrastructure facilities.
- August 1987 onwards: practicing as a consultant surgeon with my own private 16 bed hospital. Performing major and complicated surgeries with very good results and to the utmost satisfaction of patients.
- Attended major state and national surgical conferences.